This hands-on kit is an interactive set of tools designed to enhance water literacy and engage students in water conservation activities.
The Water Innovation and Stewardship Education (WISE) Kit was designed with a grade 4-9 audience in mind but we know teachers are experts at adapting great resources to fit within their unique classroom situations. There are tons of links that can be made to science, social studies and math curriculum as well as general environmental education topics.
Download the Teacher’s Guide full of great ideas and information to engage students in water stewardship and innovation! It also contains a list of items found in the kit, both for planning or re-ordering purposes. This guide is full of ‘Did you know?’ fun facts and ‘Try it’ activities that connect directly to the items found in the kit.
Program of Study
- Science, Social Studies
- Grade 4 Social Studies - Alberta: A Sense of the Land
- Grade 5 Science - Wetland Ecosystems
- Grade 5 Social Studies - Physical Geography of Canada
- Grade 7 Science - Interactions and Ecosystems
- Grade 8 Science - Freshwater and Saltwater Systems
- Grade 9 Science - Environmental Chemistry