A+ for Energy at a glance
- All K – 12 teachers are welcome to apply
- Grants up to $5000
- Preference given to projects that demonstrate measurable greenhouse gas emission reductions and high student engagement
- School garden proposals will not be accepted
- Successful schools will be invited to connect for an A+ for Energy Grant program kick-off in August
2020 – 21 | A+ for Energy Timeline
February 1, 2020
– Applications Open
May 15, 2020
– Application Deadline
June 1-6, 2020
– Winners Announced
August 2020 – June 2021
-Project Support & Teacher Professional Development & Networking Opportunities
- We like to connect all of the A+ grant recipient teachers and we will make arrangement to ensure you have the opportunity to learn from and support each other!
- We will be putting together a program kick-off as well as a mid-point check in
- Inside Education also encourages you to participate in our PD sessions to enhance your project! You will head out on tours, share ideas, and be inspired by like-minded colleagues from across Alberta.
– Projects Begin | 70% of funding provided
December 15, 2020
– Online Report Due Remaining 30% of funding provided upon receipt
June 15, 2021
– Final Video Report Due
What makes a winning project?
- A focus on energy! Consider how the project will enhance student understanding of Alberta’s energy landscape including energy efficiency, conservation and our future. Special consideration will be given to projects that track energy conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
- Make connections beyond your classroom. Share not only the number of students that will be directly and indirectly impacted but also how the project will support partnerships outside of the school and how you will highlight the program externally.
- Get creative and think outside the box! There are multiple ways that energy education can be incorporated into multiple grade levels, subject areas and school-based projects.
Interested in a solar project to complement an A+ for Energy project? Check out Solar For Schools for the opportunity to receive 50% match for your schools solar installation!
Please note: While we love school gardens, the A+ for Energy program will not accept any garden/greenhouse projects. Please visit our Learning Gardens page for information about our garden grants!
If you have additional questions or want to bounce ideas off of a member of the Inside Education team don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Edmonton Office – (780) 421-1497
Calgary Office – (403) 263-7720