A+ for Energy at a glance
- All K – 12 teachers are welcome to apply
- Grants up to $5000
- Preference given to projects that demonstrate measurable greenhouse gas emission reductions and high student engagement
- School garden proposals will not be accepted
- Successful schools will be invited to connect for an A+ for Energy Grant program kick-off in August
We are excited to hear what your school has planned to bring energy education to life for your students
2020-21 A+ for Energy applications are now closed.
We thank everyone for their interest and great ideas.
Successful grant recipients will be notified by
– Environment Week 2020 (June 1-6, 2020)
- We encourage you to read over the criteria prior to submitting your online application
- You will not be able to save your application when using the form – it will all need to be completed in one sitting. Download a copy of the application form to work offline.
A+ for Energy application form
- All applications will be scored against this energy education project rubric below.
- Prepare your project budget and have it ready to upload with your application.
project budget template
2020 – 21 | A+ for Energy Timeline
February 1, 2020
– Applications Open
May 15, 2020
– Application Deadline
June 1-6, 2020
– Winners Announced
August 2020 – June 2021
-Project Support & Teacher Professional Development & Networking Opportunities
- We like to connect all of the A+ grant recipient teachers and we will make arrangement to ensure you have the opportunity to learn from and support each other!
- We will be putting together a program kick-off as well as a mid-point check in
- Inside Education also encourages you to participate in our PD sessions to enhance your project! You will head out on tours, share ideas, and be inspired by like-minded colleagues from across Alberta.
– Projects Begin | 70% of funding provided
December 15, 2020
– Online Report Due Remaining 30% of funding provided upon receipt
June 15, 2021
– Final Video Report Due
What makes a winning project?
Join Inside Education for a tips & tricks webinar on May 7, 2020 at 9am to learn how to get an A+ on your A+ for Energy Application!
- A focus on energy! Consider how the project will enhance student understanding of Alberta’s energy landscape including energy efficiency, conservation and our future. Special consideration will be given to projects that track energy conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
- Make connections beyond your classroom. Share not only the number of students that will be directly and indirectly impacted but also how the project will support partnerships outside of the school and how you will highlight the program externally.
- Get creative and think outside the box! There are multiple ways that energy education can be incorporated into multiple grade levels, subject areas and school-based projects.
Interested in a solar project to complement an A+ for Energy project? Check out Solar For Schools for the opportunity to receive 50% match for your schools solar installation!
Please note: While we love school gardens, the A+ for Energy program will not accept any garden/greenhouse projects. Please visit our Learning Gardens page for information about our garden grants!
If you have additional questions or want to bounce ideas off of a member of the Inside Education team don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Edmonton Office – (780) 421-1497
Calgary Office – (403) 263-7720