- All Alberta K – 12 teachers are welcome to apply
- Grants up to $5,000
- Preference is given to projects that demonstrate measurable greenhouse gas emission reductions and meaningful student engagement
- Successful schools will be invited to connect for an A+ for Energy Grant program kick-off in August
- Make sure to review the rubric in detail before completing your application so you know what the judges will be evaluating.
A focus on energy! Consider how the project will enhance student understanding of Alberta’s energy landscape including energy efficiency, conservation, and our future. Special consideration will be given to projects that track energy conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
Make connections beyond your classroom! Share not only the number of students that will be directly and indirectly impacted but also how the project will support partnerships outside of the school and how you will highlight the program externally.
Get creative and think outside the box! There are multiple ways that energy education can be incorporated into multiple grade levels, subject areas, and school-based projects.
Check out Past A+ for Energy Projects
Please note: While we love school gardens, the A+ for Energy program will not accept any garden/greenhouse projects. Please visit our Learning Gardens page for information about our garden grants!
May 13, 2022
A+ Winning Teachers – 2022/2023 Program Kick-Off (Professional Development & Networking)
-Project Support & Teacher Professional Development & Networking Opportunities
- We like to connect all of the A+ grant recipient teachers and we will make arrangements to ensure you have the opportunity to learn from and support each other!
- We will be putting together a program kick-off as well as a mid-point check-in
Inside Education also encourages you to participate in our PD sessions to enhance your project! You will head out on tours, share ideas, and be inspired by like-minded colleagues from across Alberta.
– Projects Begin | 70% of funding provided
– Online Report Due Remaining 30% of funding provided upon receipt
– Final Video Report Due
Check out an A+ For Energy video report example: