A+ for Energy at a glance
- All K – 12 teachers are welcome to apply
- Grants up to $5000
- Preference given to projects that demonstrate measurable greenhouse gas emission reductions and meaningful student engagement
- Successful schools will be invited to connect for an A+ for Energy Grant program kick-off in August
2021 – 22 | A+ for Energy Timeline
February 1, 2021
– Applications Open
April 26, 2021
2020/2021 A+ Project Showcase and Grant Writing Workshop
May 14, 2021
– Application Deadline
– Winners Announced
August 30/31, 2021
A+ Winning Teachers – 2021/2022 Program Kick Off (Professional Development & Networking)
August 2021 – June 2022
-Project Support & Teacher Professional Development & Networking Opportunities
- We like to connect all of the A+ grant recipient teachers and we will make arrangement to ensure you have the opportunity to learn from and support each other!
- We will be putting together a program kick-off as well as a mid-point check in
- Inside Education also encourages you to participate in our PD sessions to enhance your project! You will head out on tours, share ideas, and be inspired by like-minded colleagues from across Alberta.
– Projects Begin | 70% of funding provided
December 15, 2021
– Online Report Due Remaining 30% of funding provided upon receipt
June 15, 2022
– Final Video Report Due
What makes a winning project?
- A focus on energy! Consider how the project will enhance student understanding of Alberta’s energy landscape including energy efficiency, conservation and our future. Special consideration will be given to projects that track energy conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
- Make connections beyond your classroom. Share not only the number of students that will be directly and indirectly impacted but also how the project will support partnerships outside of the school and how you will highlight the program externally.
- Get creative and think outside the box! There are multiple ways that energy education can be incorporated into multiple grade levels, subject areas and school-based projects.
Need a little inspiration?
Join us on April 26 for a project showcase featuring our 2020/2021 A+ for Energy Grant Winners. You will be inspired by their innovation and creativity while learning tips and tricks to get an A+ on your A+ for energy application.
Check out Past A+ for Energy Projects
Please note: While we love school gardens, the A+ for Energy program will not accept any garden/greenhouse projects. Please visit our Learning Gardens page for information about our garden grants!