This activity asks students to follow the flow in an Alberta watershed and consider how water quality and quantity are affected by human activities on the landscape. It is designed to be given to students to work on individually with minimal instructions.
- Students will investigate the various uses of water in Alberta.
- Students will explore some of the technologies associated with water and look at the impact that these technologies have on water quality and quantity.
- Students will look at some of the impacts humans have on aquatic systems and how to reduce the impact.
- Running Water Poster
- Student Instruction Sheet
- Running Water Teacher’s Guide
- Follow the Flow Answer Guide
THESE ARE READ-ONLY DOCUMENTS.
To make your own editable version, ensure you’re signed into a Google account, then click on “File->Make a Copy” to create a personal copy to use.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can still download these documents by choosing “File->Download” and selecting your preferred file type.
Program of Study
- 60 mins
- Grade 8 Science - Freshwater and Saltwater Systems,
- Grade 9 Science - Environmental Chemistry