This activity challenges students to turn items that are often considered “waste” or do not get used anymore, into repurposed or refurbished items. This activity is meant to be a fun way to encourage students to consider their environmental footprint and actions they can take to reduce waste.
This activity is also designed to be an extension of the Trash to Treasure Scavenger Hunt.
Program of Study
– Students differentiate between different types of waste and subsequent waste streams
– Students evaluate the kinds of the waste, old or unused items that exists in their homes
– Students consider ways they might repurpose or refurbish these items
Time will vary depending on how elaborate students’ projects become!
– Student instruction sheet
– Items considered “waste” or ready to be thrown out
– Crafting supplies for DIY project
Grade 4 Science - Waste and Our World
Grade 4 Social Studies - Alberta: A Sense of the Land
THESE ARE READ-ONLY DOCUMENTS.
To make your own editable version, ensure you’re signed into a Google account, then click on “File->Make a Copy” to create a personal copy to use.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can still download these documents by choosing “File->Download” and selecting your preferred file type.