This activity asks students to take on the role of a land manager and consider the needs of multiple stakeholders of our forest landscapes. It is designed to be given to students to work on individually with minimal instructions.
- Students identify issues related to forest developments in Alberta
- Students are able to consider multiple perspectives on these issues
- Students consider the impacts of land management choices on the ecosystem
- Optional – It’s Our Forest Video Part 3: Land Use Planning
- Student instruction sheet
- Map file to be printed at home, or modified digitally
- Follow up activity sheet
THESE ARE READ-ONLY DOCUMENTS.
To make your own editable version, ensure you’re signed into a Google account, then click on “File->Make a Copy” to create a personal copy to use.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can still download these documents by choosing “File->Download” and selecting your preferred file type.
- 30-60 mins
Program of Study
- Social Studies, Science, EOE
- Grade 4 Social Studies - Alberta: A Sense of the Land,
- Grade 6 Science - Trees and Forests,
- Grade 7 Science - Interactions and Ecosystems
- Grade 7-9 Environmental and Outdoor Education