This activity involves utilizing an online tool www.myheat.cato determine the degree of heat loss from homes in various communities. Students will then conduct their own home energy audit to evaluate the degree of energy efficiency in their own homes as well as take stock of their individual conservation behaviors.
- Students will identify energy efficiency technologies in their homes and opportunities for improvement
- Students will consider their own energy conservation behaviors and broader implications on Alberta’s natural resource industry
- Student instruction sheet
- Access to myheat.ca web page
THESE ARE READ-ONLY DOCUMENTS.
To make your own editable version, ensure you’re signed into a Google account, then click on “File->Make a Copy” to create a personal copy to use.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can still download these documents by choosing “File->Download” and selecting your preferred file type.
Program of Study
- Science, CTS
- 2 hrs
- Science 10: Energy Flow in Technological Systems,
- Science 14: Understanding Energy Transfer Technologies,
- Science 24: Understanding Common Energy Conversion Systems,
- Science 30: Energy & the Environment
- CTS - Natural Resources