By following the scientific method, students investigate air quality in their own community, identifying the relative impacts of factors that contribute to poor air quality. By conducting a community inventory, investigating AQHI in Alberta and in an international city, students can recognize the factors that actually contribute to lowered air quality.
- Students investigate factors impacting air quality in their own community.
- Students will compare local air quality to global air quality, comparing factors between locations
- Students will make connections between personal actions and air quality
- Student handout
- Internet access for research
THESE ARE READ-ONLY DOCUMENTS.
To make your own editable version, ensure you’re signed into a Google account, then click on “File->Make a Copy” to create a personal copy to use.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can still download these documents by choosing “File->Download” and selecting your preferred file type.
Air Quality Community Inventory & Lab (Teacher) Air Quality Community Inventory & Lab (Student)
Program of Study
- 90 mins
- Grade 9 Science: Environmental Chemistry