This activity challenges students to learn the difference between physical and behavioural adaptations, and discuss the adaptations that allow Woodland Caribou to survive in Alberta. It is designed to be given to students to work on individually with minimal instructions.
- Students learn the difference between caribou and Alberta’s other wild ungulates
- Students identify physical and behavioural adaptations of caribou
- Students consider where caribou live in Alberta and the impacts of land management choices on caribou habitat
- Student instruction sheet
THESE ARE READ-ONLY DOCUMENTS.
To make your own editable version, ensure you’re signed into a Google account, then click on “File->Make a Copy” to create a personal copy to use.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can still download these documents by choosing “File->Download” and selecting your preferred file type.
Program of Study
- Science, EOE
- 60 mins
- Grade 6 Science - Trees and Forests,
- Grade 7 Science - Interactions and Ecosystems,
- Grade 9 Science - Biological Diversity
- Grade 7-9 Environmental and Outdoor Education