This activity challenges students to build a model of a bat box!
- Students use their creativity to build a bat box model using supplies from home
- Students learn the features bats require in a roosting structure
- Students understand how bat boxes can help bat populations in Alberta
- Student instruction sheet (younger students may require assistance reading the background information and instructions).
- Materials from home (cardboard, paper, glue, pencils, etc.)
THESE ARE READ-ONLY DOCUMENTS.
To make your own editable version, ensure you’re signed into a Google account, then click on “File->Make a Copy” to create a personal copy to use.
If you don’t have a Google account, you can still download these documents by choosing “File->Download” and selecting your preferred file type.
Program of Study
- 60 mins
- Grade 1 Science - Building Things,
- Grade 1 Science, Needs of Animals and Plants,
- Grade 2 Science - Small Crawling and Flying Animals,
- Grade 3 Science - Building with a Variety of Materials,
- Grade 3 Science, Testing Materials and Designs