We are committed to ensuring a safe environment for all program participants.
- The supervising teacher from each school will provide a contact cell phone number and be accessible throughout the program.
- Inside Education – 1-888-421-1497. The program staff will make their cell phone available on the first day of the program.
- In the event of an emergency please contact 9-1-1
Inside Education program staff each have current standard first aid and CPR certification, and have passed a criminal records background check. There will be a first aid kit accessible by program staff and others at all time. Inside Education staff will be recognizable throughout the summit by wearing Inside Education logos.
- Travel to and from the ABC event is the responsibility of the school.
- Check the road report – 1-877-AMA-HWYS (1-877-262-4997) and adjust your driving to the road conditions.
- Carry a cell phone.
- Carry an emergency kit including blankets, shovel, booster cables, snacks, and water.
- Carry a current map and stay on main roadways.
- Ensure someone knows your route; tell them when you plan to arrive and check in when you get there.
- Ensure your vehicle is in good repair and has had a safety inspection.
Any activities or use of hotel facilities will be at the discretion of the supervising teacher(s).
Inside Education has reserved a block of rooms at the hotel. Student rooms will be assigned based on same gender double occupancy.
Program delegates are representing their schools and communities, and are expected to maintain the standards of behaviour set forth by their school and their supervising teacher(s). Delegates will be further expected to adhere to all school division policies with respect to the use of alcohol and drugs.