Experience the possibilities
The Alberta Boreal Careers Project
*offered in conjunction with our Student Sustainability & Careers Summit (S3)
With a growing number of career opportunities available to students it is important to provide them with the information they need to help them make career choices. For this we believe in the E’s – explore, experience and engage.
The ABC Project is an experiential learning event for junior and senior high school students designed to investigate science, technology and careers in Alberta’s Boreal Region. During the program students will discover a myriad of career options & paths, learn about post-secondary requirements, have day-in-life experiences, meet leaders in the field and assess future employment possibilities.
On the program, your team will take part in a variety of engaging interactive activities and discussions that tell the stories of professionals working in natural resource and environment fields.
Why Should You Attend?
- Understand your role in Alberta’s future
- Boost your resume and explore career opportunities
- Take learning beyond the classroom with real world experiences
- Meet like-minded students from across Alberta
- Have a ton of fun!
- Enhance student learning & engagement
- Participate in an exceptional learning environment
- Deepen your understanding of opportunities in the boreal
- Broaden your professional network
- Gain ideas, resources and experience that will enhance your teaching
The program is full-scholarship (all expenses paid) and open to grade 7-12 students across Alberta.
Join Inside Education for two all-expenses paid days of career exploration. The program includes expert guests, hands on experiences and tours of natural resource job sites.
Teams are welcome to apply as a small group of students (up to 10) and 2-4 teachers from the school.