Experience the possibilities
The Alberta Boreal Careers Project
The ABC Project is back, with a twist for the 2020-21 school year! We are bringing the program online to allow for more schools from all across northern Alberta to participate! The ABC Project will be an exciting virtual learning opportunity for junior and senior high school students that will focus on the E’s we believe so strongly in –explore, experience and engage.
The ABC Project 2020 is designed to investigate science, technology and careers in Alberta’s Boreal Region. During the program students will discover a myriad of career options & paths, learn about post-secondary requirements, meet leaders in the field and assess future employment possibilities.
The program will include a dynamic mix of breakout discussions, activities and helpful resources that will prepare students to explore natural resource careers as an option.
A half-day supply teacher will be covered for up to 2 teachers attending the program per school.
WHEN: Wednesday December 9th, 2020 9:30-11:30am
WHY: Any junior or senior high school class, group or individual student.
Application deadline is Friday November 20th, 2020, and successful applicants will be notified by Wednesday November 25th.
Why Should You Attend?
- Understand your role in Alberta’s future
- Boost your resume and explore career opportunities
- Take learning beyond the classroom with real world experiences
- Meet like-minded students from across Alberta
- Have a ton of fun!
- Enhance student learning & engagement
- Participate in an exceptional learning environment
- Deepen your understanding of opportunities in the boreal
- Broaden your professional network
- Gain ideas, resources and experience that will enhance your teaching
The program is full-scholarship (all expenses paid) and open to grade 7-12 students across Alberta.