Join Inside Education and a group of like-minded colleagues for an inspiring day that will energize your teaching!
This is your chance to experience natural resources in a meaningful way. We will tour field sites, meet with experts and share best practices for connecting it all back in the classroom.
Learn about dynamic Alberta landscapes & ecosystems while considering the environment, social and economic opportunities and challenges related to resource development. We will discuss a wide variety of curriculum enhancing content including science, issues, innovations, careers, and stewardship that will give you tools to dive deeper into these critical forest, agriculture, water, energy and climate change topics with your students.
You are welcome to join us for one session or as many as you can fit into your schedule!
*Select the sessions that interest you on the application form.
Each program will be a unique full day experience featuring topic experts, field tours and classroom connections.
Sample Program Outline: *programs run ~9:00 am – 4:30 pm and will vary by topic & location
- Program Welcome & Introduction
- Topic Expert Session
- Site/Field Tour # 1
- Lunch Break
- Topic Expert Session
- Site/Field Tour # 2
- Curriculum and Classroom Connections Workshop
- Program Close
Application Deadline: 4 weeks prior to the program date
*you will be notified of your application status 3 weeks prior to the program date
*Program participation numbers will be determined based on current Alberta Health COVID gathering restrictions.
If you are a successful applicant, Inside Education will provide you with a full scholarship to attend the program.
All program costs including facility tours, workshops and supplementary resources are included.
*Note – all successful applicants will be expected to participate in the entire day (no exceptions).
Teachers from across Alberta are welcome to apply for any of the program locations – If required a supply teacher subsidy (max $150) and small travel stipend of $0.15/km will be provided.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- This program will run rain or shine, so come prepared for the weather! The majority of the day will be spent outdoors.
- On the morning of your program, please complete the COVID self-assessment prior to arriving on-site. If the assessment raises any symptoms or concerns, we ask that you please not attend and contact Inside Education.
- To reduce the risks related to covid-19, Inside Education will not be providing any meals or snacks. Please bring all of your own food and drinking water for this program.
- Please visit the Professional Development FAQs page for any questions you may have and to review Inside Education’s COIVD protocols.