April 29, 2021 | 12:30 pm – 4:00pm
This no-cost program includes a half-day ($100) Supply Teacher Subsidy
This online teacher professional development event will provide a unique opportunity to learn about, collaborate on and ultimately advance energy and climate education in Alberta!
Together we will explore how teaching and learning about energy can transform your classroom and empower your students to be actively engaged in energy topics, think critically about the environmental, economic, and social balance of energy in Alberta, participate as stewards of their energy future and have a ton of fun along the way!
The program will run online from 12:30 pm – 4:00 pm.
You will need a computer (with a camera and microphone) along with access to the internet.
A DYNAMIC PROGRAM STRUCTURE
Going online doesn’t mean you will be stuck in front of a screen all day. Inside Education has developed a unique program including:
- Keynote speaker, Peter Tertzakian, that will have you thinking critically about the past, present, and future of energy in Alberta
- First-hand knowledge of game-changing innovation & technologies that are shaping the energy sector
- Access to a wide range of energy education resources that you can use in your classroom
- Sessions led by expert guests will examine the environmental, social, and economic challenges and opportunities related to energy development and climate change in Alberta.
- Breakout sessions including:
- Energy content topics (renewables, oil sands, climate change, and more!)
- Bridging energy, climate, and curriculum
- Grant writing workshop to help you get an A+ on your A+ for Energy Application
- School energy project showcases with 2020-2021 A+ for Energy Grant Recipients
- Networking opportunities with like-minded teachers from schools across Alberta
“It’s a well-balanced approach to teaching/learning about a subject. Industry experts from various fields are always utilized and you get some excellent resources to take back to your classroom right away.”
– Tyler Dixon, Marshal Springs School, Calgary
“Excellent professional development – grounded in classroom needs.”
– Lyle Watling, Prince Charles School, Edmonton
Frequently Asked Questions
- What online program will be used for the event?
- We will be using a zoom platform and will send the login details on the Monday before the event.
- Do I need to download the software in advance?
- We encourage you to download or register to the app for full functionality however you can just join using link.
- Do I need an active microphone and camera?
- Yes, we encourage active participation, especially during the breakout sessions. You will not be on camera during the keynote, however you can ‘Raise Your Hand’ to ask questions using the built in microphone on your computer and questions can always be asked in the chat box.
- Will the sessions be recorded?
- Yes and No. We will make the speaker sessions and keynotes available on our YouTube channel, however any of the breakout conversations and networking will not be recorded or shared.