Join us for this no-cost half-day program that will examine the connections between weather, air quality, and climate change.
On the program you will:
- Meet with local air quality experts and your local airshed group
- Tour an air quality monitoring station
- Connect with other teachers interested in environmental topics and project-based learning
- Learn how to incorporate local air quality data into meaningful lessons for your students
- Leave with tons of ideas and resources you can implement in your classroom the next day
Typical 1/2 day agenda: *program may vary slightly by location
- Welcome & Introductions – Why should you care about air?
- Local air quality expert presentation & station tour
- Air Quality & Climate Classroom Connections Workshop
- Clean Air Responsible Schools Program (Inside Education)
- Additional education resources
- Tools for environmental Action Projects & Citizen Science
Teachers from across Alberta are welcome to apply! The program has strong curricular connections to Grade 5 Weather and Grade 9 Environmental Chemistry but is open to all teachers interested in incorporating meaningful environmental education into their lessons.
If you are a successful applicant, Inside Education will provide you with a full scholarship to attend the program. Your food, all facility tours, workshops and a $75 half-day supply teacher subsidy are included in the scholarship. If you are travelling for the program or have special circumstances you may be eligible for an additional subsidy.