Young people have a huge role to play in the future of agriculture in Alberta both on and off the farm!
Recent work by the Canadian Centre for Food Integrity indicated that many Canadians lack knowledge about modern agriculture and that we are losing connections to farming and food production. The 2022 Agriculture Futures Teacher Professional Development program will provide a firsthand look at how research, technology, and innovation all play a role in feeding a growing global population with a focus on sustainability along with the myriad of modern agriculture careers that are shaping the sector.
During this no-cost, two-day PD program you will:
- Learn from leading experts representing multiple perspectives
- Visit local producers including the University of Calgary’s W.A Ranches
- Get boots-on-the-ground exposure to the diverse world of agriculture
- Be inspired with new lesson ideas to support classroom learning and gain access to tons of resources
- Leave with a broadened understanding of agriculture in Alberta, a network of teachers and resources to support students in their science, social studies, CTS, CTF and CALM courses.
Calling all B.Ed students and beginning teachers! This program is a perfect way for new and future teachers to start their education careers off with a great learning opportunity that will set you and your future students up for success.
If you are a successful applicant, Inside Education will provide you with a full scholarship to attend the program.
All program costs including facility tours, workshops, meals, and overnight accommodations (if required) are included in the scholarship. If required a $300 supply teacher OR travel subsidy is available, please see our subsidy policy for details.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2022
Applicants will be notified by September 23, 2022