Renewable Energy and Electricity Education Program
May 11 – 13, 2017
*APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED*
Have you ever stood under a wind turbine? Do you know how solar panels actually work? Are your students energized to create a sustainable future? Inside Education invites you to experience renewable energy through this experiential education adventure that will inspire your lessons in science, social studies, CTS and more!
The demand for energy is increasing and Alberta’s energy landscape is changing to meet that demand, in part, with renewable and alternative energy. As Albertans take action on climate change we are increasing production of our wind, solar and biomass resources and getting creative with cogeneration, net-zero design and other innovations. Learn more about this shift in natural resource production and what it means for our environment, economy and society. This program will examine key topics including energy efficiency and climate change with an emphasis on the classroom connections that will inspire students to engage in their energy future.
The tour will connect you with key people, places and perspectives that are shaping the energy conversation in Alberta. You’ll have the unique opportunity to:
- Stand at the base of a wind turbine and experience our fastest growing renewable energy resource
- Expand your network of energy experts and like-minded colleagues in education
- Visit net-zero infrastructure and see how it is transforming how we live, work and play
- Learn how solar energy is taking over rooftops across the province
- Walk away with a new appreciation for the impact renewable electricity is having on Alberta’s energy landscape.
- Gain experiences and ideas that will transform your lessons and make teaching energy topics a breeze (pun intended)
Application Deadline: April 12, 2017
If you are a successful applicant, Inside Education will provide you with a full scholarship to attend the program. Your food, program travel, accommodations and all facility tours and workshops are all included in the scholarship. A stipend for your substitute teachers is also available to you, if required.
Please contact us for more information.