A+ for Energy at a glance
- Grants up to $5000 will be awarded
- Focus specifically on energy
- Preference given to measurable GHG emission reduction and number of students engaged/impacted
- Successful teachers participate in all-expense paid Calgary PD Conference August 2018
- Application deadline May 11, 2018
We are excited to hear what your school has planned to bring energy education to life for your students!
All K-12 Alberta teachers are encouraged to apply!
Deadline for Applications | 4:30 pm Friday, May 11, 2018 | No applications will be accepted after this time
- You will not be able to save your application when using the form – it will all need to be completed in one sitting.
- We encourage you to read over the criteria prior to submitting your online application and you can download a copy of the application form here to work offline.
- All applications will be scored against this energy education project rubric.
- Previous A+ for Energy applicants will notice that the evaluation rubric has not changed.
2018 – 19 | A+ for Energy Timeline
May 11, 2018
– Application Deadline
May 25, 2018
– Winners Announced
August 27 – 28, 2018
– Teacher PD Program in Calgary
- All A+ grant recipient teachers are required to attend this two-day, all-expenses-paid workshop in Calgary.
- You will also have an opportunity to bring a colleague teacher or administrator to attend this exciting experience.
- This isn’t your typical sit-and-listen PD! You will head out on tours, share ideas, and be inspired by like-minded colleagues from across Alberta.
You will be provided with a full scholarship to attend the program – food, program travel, accommodations (double occupancy), tours, and workshops are included. A modest travel subsidy will help you and a colleague get to and from Calgary.
For more information visit Inside Education PD FAQ page.
– Projects Begin | 70% of funding provided
December 15, 2018
– Online Report Due | 20% of funding provided upon receipt
June 15, 2019
– Final Video Report Due | 10% of funding provided upon receipt
What makes a winning project?
- A focus on energy! Consider how the project will enhance student understanding of Alberta’s energy landscape including energy efficiency, conservation and our future. Special consideration will be given to projects that track energy conservation and greenhouse gas emission reductions.
- Make connections beyond your classroom. Share not only the number of students that will be directly and indirectly impacted but also how the project will support partnerships outside of the school and how you will highlight the program externally.
- Get creative and think outside the box! There are multiple ways that energy education can be incorporated into multiple grade levels, subject areas and school-based projects.
- Need a little inspiration? Check out these previous successful A+ projects.
Please note: While we love gardens and things that grow, the A+ for Energy program will not accept any garden/greenhouse projects. Please visit our Learning Gardens page for information on a grant opportunity!