Gr. 4 | Natural Resources & Energy
FULL for 2018/2019
Using Alberta’s natural regions as our map, we will explore natural resources and develop a deeper understanding of how we use and produce energy in Alberta and what we can do to conserve our natural resources.
Themes: renewable & non-renewable resources, Alberta’s natural regions, energy production, energy use, energy efficiency & conservation
* this presentation is well-suited to all students in grades 4-6 who are eager to learn more about what makes Alberta unique and be inspired to become environmental leaders in their schools!
- Grade 4 Social Studies – Alberta: A Sense of the Land
Gr. 5 | Electricity and Energy
From wind turbines to coal-fired power plants our electricity landscape is shaped by natural resources. Examine electricity from a Canadian perspective and learn how electricity is made, moved and connected to how we live, work and play.
Themes: electricity from natural resources, electricity generation, transmission, electrical safety, climate change, electricity use and energy conservation, efficiency and stewardship
- Grade 5 Science – Electricity and Magnetism
Stewardship: Energy, Climate and You Education Kit
Gr. 6 | Alberta’s Forests
Investigate the multiple perspectives that shape a working forest without leaving your classroom. This inquiry-based program will discuss the social, economic and environmental values of Alberta’s forests, alongside key issues and innovations that are changing our forest landscape.
Themes: forest ecosystems, careers, climate change, sustainable forest management, forestry tools, forest products, multiple land use, traditional knowledge and stewardship
- Grade 6 Science – Trees & Forests
Inside Education wants to help you bring energy and climate education to your school. Our experienced team of educators are ready to energize your students with hands-on exploration of key energy topics hosted right in your school.
- A full program includes 4-8 stations of your choice and takes approximately 1 hour to complete.
- We can accommodate up to 60 students at a time and multiple groups can work through the stations throughout the day.
- We are flexible on the format and will work within your space and bell schedule.