Take climate action in your school and community!
Climate change is a top of mind across the world and when it comes to making a difference Alberta’s major cities are leading by example. Join Inside Education as we explore energy and climate change in Edmonton, Calgary & Fort McMurray and discover sustainability in our own backyards through these dynamic programs:
Sign up for our e-newsletter to be notified when dates are posted for our next summits!
Our city summits were a success in the 2017 year! Please check back again for 2018 dates.
On these programs we will examine how local energy efficiency and conservation actions connect to the larger climate conversation and discuss the role that students play in the future of energy. The program will emphasize key themes including renewable and alternative energy, net-zero and green building, sustainable transportation, technology, careers and more! This experiential learning event will include tours, workshops and expert presentations and students will be provided tools and resources to share the experience back in their schools.
- This program is full scholarship offered at no-cost to schools and includes lunch, snacks and program transportation. *please note that the scholarship does not cover transportation costs to and from the program start location
- Open to junior and senior high school – grades 7-12
- Programming will run approximately 9:00am – 3:30 pm each day, not including travel time from the school
- We welcome teams of up to 8-10 students and 2 teachers from each school
- A $150/day supply teacher subsidy is also available if required
How to apply:
It’s simple. Decide which students and teachers will represent your school and tell us why your school wants to participate!
Right from the start my students felt like they were special and their ideas were valued. You created opportunities for students to apply their classroom learning to real-world scenarios. Comments from my students included: “I feel more informed.” & “I feel like renewable energy is more accessible.” I look forward to being involved with future events. Many thanks!!− Candace Acorn, Teacher, Leduc Composite High School, E3 2014