Experience the possibilities
If you are interested in future ABC programs,
sign up for our newsletter for updates on our next ABC Program!
The Alberta Boreal Careers Project 2018
April 24 – 25, 2018 at Shaw House at Vezeau Beach in Bonnyville.
With a growing number of career opportunities available to students it is important to provide them with the information they need to help them make career choices. For this we believe in the E’s – explore, experience and engage.
The ABC Project is an experiential learning event for junior and senior high school students designed to investigate science, technology and careers in Alberta’s Boreal Region. During the program students will discover a myriad of career options & paths, learn about post-secondary requirements, have day-in-life experiences, meet leaders in the field and assess future employment possibilities.
On the program, your team will take part in a variety of engaging interactive activities and discussions that tell the stories of professionals working in natural resource and environment fields.
Why Should You Attend?
- Understand your role in Alberta’s future
- Boost your resume and explore career opportunities
- Take learning beyond the classroom with real world experiences
- Meet like-minded students from across Alberta
- Have a ton of fun!
- Enhance student learning & engagement
- Participate in an exceptional learning environment
- Deepen your understanding of opportunities in the boreal
- Broaden your professional network
- Gain ideas, resources and experience that will enhance your teaching
The program is full-scholarship (all expenses paid) and open to grade 7-12 students across Alberta.
Join Inside Education for two all-expenses paid days of career exploration. The program includes expert guests, an overnight stay at a hotel, a tour of an active in situ oil operation and tons of hands on activities!
Teams are welcome to apply as a small group of students (up to 10) and 2-4 teachers from the school.